Originally bred for the herding purpose, Collies are an energetic and loving breed. They are very amicable and get along the family well. Besides their long fur coats and enthusiastic temperament, do you know enough about the Collies?
Keep reading to find surprising facts about Collies.
- Collies were initially bred as herding dogs more than 300 hundred years ago. The breed started somewhere in the region of Scotland and the breed’s ancestry can be traced back to a single dog whose name was Old Hemp. Although Collies are more mild-mannered than other herding dogs, they are very efficient at their work. The Collies are extremely smart and have an innate predatory instinct. They are efficient at chasing after the sheep and keeping them in line. However, due to their genteel nature, they do not kill.
- Collies are a smart animal and pick up tricks very swiftly. However, it is necessary to train them the right way. Teaching them essential tricks like sitting down, backing off or other equally important commands are very important so that they do not pick any bad habit.
- Collies are an extremely popular dog breed because of their luxurious long coats and remarkable intelligence. Rik and Diane Stirling are proprietors of the Stirling Collies and are experts at breeding the healthiest Collies with the lushest coats.
- Collies are very energetic dog breeds and love to play and exercise. However, at the same time, due to their superior intelligence, they can also get bored if they do not have anything interesting to keep them engaged. These dogs need constant stimulation. Hence, it is necessary that you set aside a significant part of your everyday schedule for playing you’re your pawed friend.
- Collies primarily come in three main types – Border Collie, Rough Collie and Bearded Collie.
- Collies have also been utilized as rescue dogs because of their expert tracking skills.
- Collies have a relatively long life. On average, most Collies have a lifespan of fourteen to fifteen years while some can even live up to nineteen years.
- Like all other dog breed, Collies have their own share of health problems. They generally suffer from eyes and skin related problems and can even develop deafness in old age.
- Collies can track and hunt other creatures with a lot of precision and accuracy. They do this by crouching down in a cat-like position to give them stability and speed.
- Collies hold the pride of being the smartest of all dog breeds. Quick to learn and easy to train, the Collies are the perfect blend of beauty and the brains!
An absolute delight to own, the Collies can be extremely easy to train and a pleasure to have in the house.
As an eager pooch darling, will undoubtedly begin to look all starry eyed at Stirling Collies. They are charming to take a gander at; however separated from that, they are to a great degree clever, friendly, and love sports. You couldn’t request a more impeccable buddy! You might need to look at a portion of the tips posted underneath, to enable you to deal with a Stirling collies. This brand of the collie is amazingly amiable and adores a lively exercise, so you have to take satisfactory care to ensure that they get the perfect measure of activity and physical movement.
What is the most imperative thing that a man needs? A decent companion. What’s more, what better animal can fill that need than a puppy. In any case, on the other hand, a great pooch is a hard thing to discover these days. The most imperative thing that a man neglects to see is the type of the puppy.
Collies, are a medium size dog that need low to moderate exercise. As a result of them being breed to be fun loving and gregarious, they like to be around their families and enjoy daily exercise. For more about Collies
Many dog owners often wonder what to feed their pet dogs. This is a question which many people think about after they have bought their first dog. One of the best foods for them is StirlingPetPantry.com, which has amazing dog food, healthy snacks, and supplements. A dog’s diet should be well-balanced as well as nutritious. A poor diet can have serious effects on the dog’s health and also be the reason for behavioral issues.
StirlingCollies is a premier Collie breeding facility that has many years of experience breeding these beautiful creatures. The collie is a special type of herding and therapy dog.
The enjoyable companionship of the Collie breed makes them the best breed around! This is why Stirling Collies distinctively continues to raise this collie family.
Diane Stirling is a born animal lover and she has great experience breeding and raising Collie dogs. Stirling Collies strives to raise collie dogs for health, and temperament that goes with AKC Collie standards.
The collie breed comes in two varieties – rough and smooth coated. At StirlingCollies, they raise rough, and smooth coated collies, under close observation of Diane Stirling, who is a licensed Minnesota working collie breeder.
Here at StirlingCollies they have all type of collies – Normal Eyed Collies, Non-Carrier Collies for PRA and CEA, bloodline of several champions, grand-champions, and family companions. They work closely and collaboratively with experts to ensure that theirdogs and puppies are healthy. They believe that all the collies should be well balanced in mind and body. All collies they use for breeding are healthy and vet checked, with good temperaments.
Diane Stirling ensures all puppies and dogs get attention and human interaction so they feel loved and cared. They can train their collie puppies if families are interested. They play with each puppy so that they are socialized somewhat before leaving their facility, to either a family companion home, a working/therapy home, or a show home for a chance at becoming a champion.
Please visit stirlingcollies. You can contact them to find your next “best friend and suitable companion collie, at StirlingCollies! Theyalso offer a Free Lifetime Replacement Puppy when you feed the food they use, ordered through www.stirlingpetpantry.com.
Are you a dog lover? Do want to have a friend for life? Or are you looking to make an addition to your family so that you could spread fun and frolic? Well, then adopting a collie is the right choice for you. Collie puppies are cute ones and they grow up to be Collies which are furry dogs and are mostly found in the European countries. Collies are mainly found in the highlands of England and are also natives of Scotland. It is their brilliant looking coat of fur which helps them in being warm and makes them look elegant as well.
Collies are of two types. There are collie puppies which have a smooth coat of fur and there are the ones which have a rough coat of fur. By nature, collies are brilliant in terms of alertness and are very active. They would always want to be involved with their owner or the family that they belong to. So if you are deicing on bringing a collie home to spread around the cheer and fun then you should definitely do so as it is one of the best forms of keeping stress at bay as well.
Stirling Collies is one of the best places to acquire some of the good looking healthy collies. This place owned by Diane Stirlings is by far the best when it comes to excellent and seamless service for adopting collie puppies. So check out the website www.stirlingcollies.com and bring home a cute little collie puppy today.